My Turn Has Arrived!



5th June 2026 - 8:00 am

I'm writing this post in bed while my little one keeps interrupting me with random kisses. I'm not complaining though. I guess this is her way of reminding me that she needs a shower before Mommy gets too carried away writing another blog post. 

I know, cute. 

Today, I just want to share something that happened yesterday while my child and I were at the mall. 

–––––––––––––––––––––––

Yesterday started like any other day, me with my routine, and my little one with hers. While I was watching Lost in the Stars, I noticed she had already started climbing onto the laundry basket and pretty much everything else within reach. That's usually a sign that she's getting bored and craving a little adventure outside the house.

So, I decided it was time for a mommy-and-daughter day out. Nothing fancy, just a trip to the mall for some shopping, a bit of walking around and hopefully enough excitement to keep my little explorer entertained.

We stopped at a shoe store to find a new pair of shoes for her. While the salesgirl and I were busy looking for the right size, my little one suddenly let out a dramatic scream the second I took the shoes off her feet. I was like, "Girl, we're trying to find your size here!". But I guess she had already decided those shoes belonged to her and saw no reason for them to come off.

I've seen plenty of moms talk about their kids having full-blown screaming sessions at the mall and honestly I always thought, "Glad that's not me."

Turns out, I was just waiting for my turn. And yesterday, it finally arrived. haha!

Oh my child. 

Based on the way she was crying, it was clear the shoes had already chosen their owner. So, I did what any tired mom would do. I paid for them and called it a day. 

"Yay! we bought an ugly shoes"

Just when I thought the drama was over, a brand-new episode began at FamilyMart.

Now, be honest.. who can walk past a Belgian Dark Chocolate Sofuto and not buy one? Because I'm definitely not that strong. I think you can already guess where the next round of drama came from. So there I was, happily enjoying my ice cream while my little one looked at me with those big hopeful eyes.

"Sorry, kiddo. No ice cream for you." ... And just like that, the sequel began. 

After finishing my ice cream, I headed to the valet parking area right in front of the mall. It was convenient, easy to access and felt a little safer with a toddler in tow. As I was walking back to the car, a random thought crossed my mind:

"Wait... do I pay at the exit or am I supposed to use one of those autopay machines?"

Nobody had collected any parking fee when I arrived earlier so naturally, I started questioning whether I had completely missed an important step. haha..

As I walked past a family, I made eye contact with the mom and she smiled at me. Taking that as my cue, I asked whether I needed to pay for the parking at the exit or at one of the autopay machines. The moment I asked, she seemed a little caught off guard and started fumbling for an answer. Before things got any more awkward, her husband stepped in and said, "Bayar masa nak exit nanti"

I thanked them and carried on my way.

Looking back, they probably thought I was some kind of scammer.  A suspicious woman carrying a crying child who was wearing a brand new pair of not-so-cute shoes.

The drama followed us all the way to the car, and it only came to an end when she finally gave in and fell asleep in her seat. After all the screaming, crying, shopping, shoe negotiations and ice cream-related disagreements, it turned out the real problem was much simpler.

"Oh, mengantuk rupanya." haha

That's all. Thanks for reading.

xo. 


16 comments:

  1. Mesti comel kan si kecil tu...,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha budak2 ni kadang adorable betul perangai kan.. kadang buat paneh hati.. sabo kan je la. =D

      Delete
  2. Menangis kat shopping complex? Itu comel...
    Tunggu anak dah remaja dan masa tu hanya kawan-kawan je yang betul...
    Jangan cakap uncle tak warning... thanks me latter... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaarghh i'm not ready for that. harap dia membesar dengan baik dan respect & trust her parents before her friends.. ghisau..~

      Delete
  3. Tak jauh ragam dgn anak bongu yg ada di rumah sekarang ni.. paling byk karekter paling banyak akal ..mmg dia lah huhuu.. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tp kadang diorang punya perangai comel kan .. buat tersenyum di buatnya . haha

      Delete
  4. Bt the way done follow here.. My number is 91.. salam kenal..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha…lucu pulak baca.

    Pandai dia pilih kasut sendiri ya 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu lah , dah ada perangai dah skg.. kalau dulu ikut je mommy dia belikan apa.

      Delete
  6. kumpul memori ni buat kenangan.. 10 tahun lagi ajak pergi kenduri pun x nak ikut :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uhuk... 10 tahun lagi probably kenduri pun online je.. hahah

      Delete
  7. haha comelnyaaa diaaa! Enjoy the moments, nanti dah besar mesti rinduu tu hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. itu lah kan .. layan kan je lah.. =D

      Delete
  8. haha..ok la tu. harap tak rasa cari parking lama lagi daripada masuk mall. elok masuk mall selang 2-3 kedai. eh tiber nak balik. hihi...bertabahlah kak. Next ! (macik bawang things)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adui.. parah la macam tu .. kitanya nak healing shopping2 habiskan duit bapak dia kan.. hahahah spoiled betul.

      Delete

Sila tinggalkan komen dengan penuh kasih sayang.
Terima Kasih. (^_^)